What’s New At MBA
Are you looking to start your own business or fund a project? Or maybe you’re looking to invest your money in a company.
Crowd-sourced funding is a new legislation that came into effect on Friday, 29 September and may provide the right answer for you.
Are you a messy burger eater? Ants and fruit flies invading your home? Hate drinking warm drinks? Find out the quick and easy DIY solutions to these problems with these 10 amazing tips and tricks for spring.
You may be able to claim a tax exemption in the SMSF annual return – for certain income – once your SMSF starts paying super income stream benefits (commonly referred to as pensions).
Are you prepared for, what many are describing as, the greatest wealth transfer in history?
In a fast-paced economic climate, valuations are seen by most professionals as a fundamental cornerstone of good decision-making for businesses, now and in the future. While it is impossible to predict the future, preparing for uncertainty is a key differentiator between businesses that survive and those that don’t.
Directors are set to get greater legal protection during the uncertain period, known as the ‘twilight zone’ , when financial difficulties become apparent but before a company is placed in administration.
The key points are as follows:
- The Fed has confirmed it will start reducing balance sheets by not reinvesting bonds up to set limits as they mature. This amounts to quantitative tightening as it will start to reverse some of the quantitative easing that occurred during and after the Global Financial Crisis.
- The Fed is still anticipating another rate hike by year end and three more next year, but still sees rate increases occuring gradually.
- Just as quantitative easing put downwards pressure on bond yields, quantitative tightening will likely put upwards pressure on bond yields, all other things being equal.
- Ongoing monetary tightening in the US relative to other major countries including Australia is likely to see the US dollar start to rise again, which should take some pressure off the $A.
- That quantitative easing in the US can now start to be reversed is very good news – basically it’s done its job in helping get the US economy back on track after the GFC.